Saturday, September 3, 2011

New Feature: 150 Years Ago

As you know by now, some of my (our) ancestors on the Cheney side fought in the American Civil War. And since the country will be recognizing the 150th anniversary of the war over the next four years, I will do the same thing here. This blog will mark the events that our ancestors participated in by featuring posts on the 150 year anniversary of when they actually happened. 

I'll start with Judson Cheney and his enlistment 150 years ago this November and follow him through his death at Chaffin's Farm. In 2014 I'll follow Justice Cheney's unfortunately short tenure in the war and in 2015 follow Jesse Cheney as he witnesses the end of the war. 

The events (and therefore the posts) will be spread pretty far apart, but that should give me time to do some research and include some good detail and information. 

No comments:

Post a Comment