Sunday, July 24, 2011

Note the Functionality

Just a note on some additional features on the blog. On the top of the blog, you might notice that there is a header with links to other pages. Each of these other pages have additional features that I think add to this blog.

First, there is a page listing my history sources - aka Works Cited. I have this for two reasons. First, for transparency purposes - so that my readers can see which sources I am using when I include historical context with the genealogical information. I have also included it so that my readers can do further reading.

On a related note, my sources for my genealogy information are either from the research my father and uncles have done or, as often as possible, from what I have found on Ancestry. (I am debating whether to include more details on that in the comments - your thoughts are welcome.)

There is also a page showing my family tree - pedigree style (aka, just the parents). I have included this as a reference for my readers in case my descriptions of how a particular person is related to me is confusing.

Finally, I have added a page that shows two google maps I have made. The maps are of important genealogical sites for the Cheney / Keenan family and the Eisenberg / Blake family. I'll update the maps with new locations as I find them. But feel free to suggest sites I have not yet included. And more importantly, feel free to click on the maps or the links and explore them.

No comments:

Post a Comment